|09:30 - 10:00
||Registration & Welcome coffee
|10:00 - 10:45
||Keynote: Call for concerted action
- On the importance to push for environmental sustainability in supply chains and the role of the G7
Federal Minister, German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Nuclear Safety and Consumer Protection
Keynote: Companies’ action makes a difference
- How environmental due diligence can be implemented along global supply chains and what impact companies can have
- Government action needed for a level playing field and to support companies willing to live up to their responsibility
Antje von Dewitz
CEO, VAUDE Sport GmbH & Co. KG
Keynote: The impact of supply chain management
- How multinational companies can make a positive impact in producing countries through supply chain management
Hammad Naqi Khan
Expert on implementation of sustainability aspects in local businesses and suppliers; CEO, WWF Pakistan
|10:45 - 11:45
||Panel: Status quo in the G7 and the role of the OECD moving forward
- Which instruments have been put in place or are planned to encourage the implementation of environmental standards along supply chains?
- How can the G7 move from a focus on human rights, deforestation or particular sectors to a more comprehensive approach?
- What role does the OECD play in encouraging global responsible business conduct initiatives and supporting coherence?
- Julie Dabrusin, Parliamentary Secretary to the Canadian Minister of Natural Resources and to the Minister of Environment and Climate Change
- Martin Baxter, Director of Policy and External Affairs & Deputy CEO, Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA), UK
- Christine Kaufmann, Chair of the Working Party on Responsible Business Conduct, OECD & Chair for Public, Public International and European Law, Unviersity Zurich
- Gemma Brierley, Global Head of Responsible Sourcing and Human Rights, Danone S.A.
|11:45 - 12:00
|12:00 - 13:30
|13:30 - 14:30
||Keynote: Zooming in on deforestation-free supply chains
- The G7 deforestation footprint and potentials for mitigation
Head of Partnerships and Policy, Food and Land Use Coalition at SYSTEMIQ Ltd.
||Panel discussion: A call for coherent policies against deforestation
- As the G7 are taking a leading role in the fight against deforestation, the challenge of joint action on globalised supply chains becomes obvious. What have the G7 achieved so far and why is there a need for more policy coherence?
- Elke Mannigel, Divison Manager International Projects, OroVerde
- Roselyn Fosua Adjei, Director of Climate Change, Forestry Commission Ghana
- Alexander Liedke, Head of CSR Sourcing, Lidl Germany
- Caroline Merle, Forestry Division senior expert on deforestation and due diligence, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Bojan Grlaš, Team Leader – International Forest Issues, ENV.F1 Planetary Common Goods, Universal Values & Environmental Security, Directorate-General for Environment, European Commission
|14:30 - 14:45
|14:45 - 15:15
|15:15 - 16:15
||Panel discussion: Beyond deforestation: addressing the multiple dimensions of environmental sustainability in supply chains
- What tools and approaches exist that support the implementation of environmentally sound supply chains?
- What role does digitalization, innovation and data collection play? Where could and should we be in 5 years?
Environmental dimensions to be covered by panelists:
- Mineral mining and circularity by Daniel Reid, Director of Environment and Circularity, Responsible Minerals Initiative
- Sustainable fisheries and traceability by Mark Zimring, Large Scale Fisheries Director, The Nature Conservancy
- Measuring biodiversity and water impacts by Philipp Wagnitz, Director Ecosystems & Resource Protection, WWF Germany
- GHG emissions by Lars Baumgürtel, CEO, ZINQ GmbH
|16:15 - 16:25
||Take-aways and closure of the event